Saturday, 15 September 2012

ART IN OUR BLOOD INTERVIEW


Recently I had an over email interview with Jennifer Wang for Art In Our Blood (artinourblood.blogspot.com). She has just had her one year blog anniversary so I decided to ask her some questions about her blog and her style.

Why did you first decide to create your own blog?

I wanted to get involved at as an early age as I could with the fashion industry so I could network and find and audience to, most importantly, see my fashion design work.

How has your blog evolved from when it first started?

It's definitely becoming more professional and I view it in a very business like manner. I definitely put a lot more time into writing quality posts and making sure I'm spread out on different social media outlets.

What is your favourite thing about blogging?


Becoming friends with some of the other lookbookers! It's really crazy when you have admired someone for their style for so long and now you are friends with them! And of course, I'm very thankful for the opportunity to receive sponsored clothing. It allows me to have tons more freedom to experiment with my style without hurting my wallet.

How long do you spend picking out your outfits each day?

What I usually do is pick out three or four outfits for the week on the weekend beforehand, which on average, takes an hour because I try lots of different combos.

What is your favourite item of clothing at the moment?

My Jeffrey Campbell x Wasteland Coltranes!!

A dress she made for one of her classes
And finally, what advice would you give to someone who has just started a fashion blog?

Layout and photo quality do matter a lot. Even if you have really good style, it will be a lot harder to gain a following without these two elements. The best way to go with the layout is clean and as minimalistic as you can get it so your photos are the things that stand out. And with photos, I recommend buying a DSLR (Digital SLR camera) and learning how to utilize all the features on it.


You should all go check out Jennifer's blog if you haven't already because all her outfits are so cool and unique and her photography is pretty ace as well. She is one of my big inspirations as a blogger and I want my style to be as individual and fun loving as hers.



I also have converted one of my old twitter accounts into my fashion blog twitter account. Go follow me, @KatyFerenczy for updates and random musings.


Katy xx




2 comments:

  1. I love your blog! <3



    If you want, we could follow each other :)
    http://moonlightdreams-miadra.blogspot.sk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your blog is really cool too and you are really pretty. Of course we can follow each other. I have just followed you :)

      Delete