Tuesday, 24 September 2013

I DONATED MY HAIR






So a couple of weeks ago I made a decision to get a lot of my hair cut off and donate my ponytail to a charity that makes wigs for children who have lost their hair due to cancer, burns or alopecia (chronic hair loss). If you know me you would know that my hair has been long since I can remember and was practically waist length when I had it cut. I had 17 inches off and the change is still sinking in. I literally do not know how to style it as I am so used to just letting my hair naturally knot and wave into a crazy mane, however this obviously doesn't happen when my hair is this short.
The cut itself was terrifying as I was very attached to my own hair but the fact it was being donated to charity calmed me down somewhat. My sister and mum came to watch the hairdresser chop my ponytail off as it was quite a momentous occasion.
The charity I am donating to is called The Little Princess Charity which is mainly a UK charity. If you live in America and would like to donate your hair Locks Of Love is a good choice. The Fault In Our Stars actress Shailene Woodley donated her hair to this charity when she cut her hair off for the role of Hazel in the film.

Katy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment