Thursday, 26 December 2013

WAREHAM WALK










Here is just a collection of pictures from this years annual Boxing day walk. This year we headed to the Purbecks and specifically to a small town called Wareham. It is known for the abundance of pubs and the beautiful scenery that surrounds it. Although the river and surrounded fields contained a lot more water than they should (due to the extensive rainfall in the last couple of weeks) we headed out along the river path and then out onto the heath. Wareham views are so perfect from the top of the hill in the heath as you get stunning glimpses of the sea so I couldn't help but take a few pictures. We then headed back to The Quay Inn for creamy hot chocolate and to bask in the sunshine.
Today was such a great reminder of how wonderful my local area is as I often overlook the fact that I live in an area of outstanding natural beauty. Hell, the Jurassic Coast is practically on my doorstep. Anyway for 2014 I'm going to try and challenge myself to get out and just see nature at least every two weeks of the year.

Katy xx

2 comments:

  1. Not only the scenery is beautiful, the architecture is too! You guys looked like you had a lot of fun!

    http://xndrexpanaligan.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks beautiful! love your hat!
    amberblogposts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete