Monday, 2 December 2013

WINTER LIP PRODUCTS


If you know me, you will know that I have a slight obsession with lip products and every time I head into a Boots or Superdrug I will inevitably leave with another one. For this reason I think I am suitably qualified to share with you some of my favourite winter lip products.

Avon Hydra Finish Lipstick in Spice // This lipstick is a classic that I always go back to as the red with a hint of brown works perfectly for my pale skin tone. The colour is not too dark and the formula is not to matte as to be drying on my lips in the winter.

Maybelline Baby Lips in Cherry Me // This tinted lip balm is perfect for lazy days when you want something really moisturising but also want a slick of colour. It is really sheer but gives a wonderful, glossy sheen that I love. 

Nivea Lip Butter in Vanilla & Macadamia // This lip butter is so creamy and sinks into the lips amazingly. It doesn't leave your lips feeling greasy and the wonderful scent last for hours. The only problem may be that I constantly want to lick my super soft lips as it tastes pretty good as well.

Ted Baker Lip Crayon // Unfortunately I was given this product as a gift and I have never been able to find out the colour name but it is a great product if you can find it. The formula of this crayon is really smooth and applies very well. The colour comes off as a deep purple but it is sheer enough to be very wearable in day time and evening.

Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in 660 'In Love With Ginger' // This lipstick has a really creamy formula but still with great lasting power. The photo has made it look lighter so in reality it is much redder than it appears although it still lingers on the orange side of the spectrum. This is the perfect statement lipstick for a party or night out.

Revlon Colourburst Lipgloss in 040 'Crystal Water' // This must be one of the prettiest lip glosses ever and if you hold in into the light there is a beautiful, iridescent blue shimmer. This makes it perfect to layer over bright, matte lipsticks to amp it up. For a gloss it also lasts an extremely long time.

No7 Highshine Lip Crayon in Statement // This is one of my newest favourites as it is so glossy and the colour is perfect for someone who is slightly scared of wearing bright red lipstick in the day. This is a berry/red colour but the colour pay off is only medium bright.

Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer in 501 'Stellar' // This product, unlike the one above, is not for the faint hearted. It is an extremely bright red with a slightly pinky tinge that is my go to colour for Christmas parties. The formula of this line is slightly like paint for your lips and out of all of these products this definitely has the longest wear time. If I wear it to a party I won't need to top it up at all during the night. It also dries with a completely matte finish so the colour stays bright.

Katy xx

3 comments:

  1. I also love Maybelline's cherry me, all of the baby lips are so nice. And the Ted Baker lip crayon looks like such a gorgeous color! I wish you knew the name cause it looks perfect for fall/winter aha :)

    xo Arianna
    ariannawest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ted baker lip crayon is such a nice shade! I really want to try the nivea, i hate the taste of vaseline!
    Really like the blog :)
    http://pepperandtherobinsons.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete