Monday, 2 June 2014

Mid-year review


So it's June which mean we are almost half way through the year. I know technically the end of June is the middle of the year but with the new season upon us I thought it was a good time to do this post (inspiration from Daisy Butter here).

At the beginning of 2014 I privately set myself some goals to achieve by the time the year was out and some of them I have achieved already while others I am still working on:

Posting more frequently on my blog 
I feel like this one I have achieved but I need to continue doing for the rest of the year. Before 2014 blogging was just something I did every now and then without really putting much thought into it but realising how much I enjoyed I set myself the target of really putting some effort it. I have posted more frequently and I think my content is of a much higher standard. I would really like to post more outfits with better backdrops but this will have to wait until I'm not at school (3 weeks to go).

Getting more involved in the blogger community 
Before this year I was totally a passive member and my biggest input was occasionally commenting on someone else's blog but recently I have started making friends across the world whose blogs I love and have read for a long time. I also discovered a community of bloggers right here in Bournemouth. I hope to continue meeting new bloggers when I move to Brighton in September.

Live a healthier lifestyle
This sounds like such a cliche resolution that everyone makes but I was determined to make it work. I wanted to completely overhaul my outlook on food as most of my life I haven't really cared what I was putting in my body. I have started to cook healthier meals for lunch (before would be toast and chocolate) and I've even bought and used several healthy cookbooks. I have also begun to regularly workout as before I would go to ballet twice a week and that would be it. I feel so much brighter and more energised than I ever before and I've even gained quite a lot of muscle and lost the baby fat I have been harbouring for the last 18 years.

Say yes to more things/Do more new things
I'm a lazy person by nature and I used to spend most of my days lying around my house scrolling tumblr for hours on end (I still do that sometimes). I've made a conscious effort to not do this and just get outside and do things, the more spontaneous the better. So instead of watching another episode of Keeping Up With The Kardashians I have hopped in my car and just driven to the beach (it is atrocious that I live 15 minutes away but only went once last summer) so I could walk or head to a restaurant in my area I've never been to before. I can safely say this has made me so much more excited for life in general and given me a much more positive outlook.

Discover more stuff
This may sound vague but I think there is so much out there in the world that I haven't heard of yet. 2013 was the year of the gig for me as I managed to go to Reading Festival and over the year I saw 34 different bands/artists that I love. 2014 is going to be the year of finding loads of new music so I can go to even more gigs (I'm on 6 acts so far this year). This summer I'm heading to three new places I have never been: Normandy, Tenerife and Lanzarote so I'm going to try and see as much of each place as I can while I'm there because I've paid to go there so I want to get the most out of it.

More things to achieve by 2015:
-Move out
- Reach 1000 blog followers
- Save money
- Be more generous
- See the sunrise
- Eat in a new restaurant every month
- Spend more time with family and friends
- Take time to breathe

Katy xx

2 comments:

  1. Lovely to read this Katy - and thank you for the kind comments on my blog! I love that you do ballet, I wish I could pick that back up but I'd be too nervous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should totally take up ballet again. I started at 15 again and it was the best decision I made. Try and find an adult class near you.

      Delete