Monday, 3 November 2014

November Motivation


The last six weeks have been extremely hectic and life changing for me as I moved away from home for the first time to go to uni in a completely different city. My whole world kind of flipped upside down as I left all of my friends (many who scattered all across the country (and even world)), my comfy house I lived in since I was born and basically everything I have ever known. I was nervous as I don't really think I adapt well to new situations and I find making friends really hard so having to live in a 3 storey house with 11 other strangers was a struggle at first.
However six weeks on I feel like I'm finally comfortable and at home in my university life and Brighton is one of the most wonderful places. As I feel back to normal and this is the start of a new month I really think this is a new clean slate for me. One of the things I have been focusing on since I moved is really becoming more of the person I want to be - healthier, more awake, more productive, calmer, more independent etc.
I really think I have succeeded in changing a lot for the better but obviously I still have days where I slob around on my bed with pizza for 10 hours which is why I chose this quote as I'm striving for progress in each area, not perfection as I'm still human.

4 comments:

  1. progress & not perfection ,,, so true !!

    Followed u with Bloglovin , Wanna follow back ?

    N@NY
    http://artofnanyslife.blogspot.com/

    P.S. I have posted my November wishlist up on my blog , check it out , u may be inspired !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eek good luck! Brighton is a great place to be though :)

    Anoushka Probyn - A London Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Brighton is so amazing. I already love it here, I can't wait until the Christmas lights are all turned on. It i meant to be magical.

      Delete
  3. This is a lovely post, I'd say I really loved the second term of uni better then the first, I'd settled in and become completely comfortable and it was just so much fun.

    http://worldbloggers.net/

    ReplyDelete