Tuesday, 2 December 2014

Generosity // December motivation


Recently I've been thinking a lot about generosity. I know what you are thinking..'really generosity, christmas, giving presents, not very original really' but hear me out. Yes while December and the festive season is full of generous present giving that is not the generosity I want to focus on this month. I want to be more generous with my time and talents.
I think doing little generous acts each day can really help out the other people around you while lifting your spirits in the knowledge you are making someone's life easier even just in a small way. Everyone can give their time. Whether it is helping your friend with their homework if you are still at school or cooking dinner for you stressed out flatmate as she struggles to finish her uni essay. The possibilities are endless.
For example my Mum often has to make powerpoints for various reasons and she hasn't really got the hang of the programme so whenever I'm around and she needs my help I will sit down with her for about half an hour and make it for her while attempting to teach her along the way. It's only a small fraction of the time in my day used but it allows her to focus on her more important work.

So in December I am going to try do at least one generous thing each day just to spread a little bit of joy to everyone and I challenge you all to do the same. Isn't that part of what Christmas is about anyway, JOY?

1 comment:

  1. This is such a nice way to think about generosity- it doesn't always have to be present/ money x
    eleanor's adventures // UK Fashion & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete