Sunday, 11 January 2015

People who inspired me in 2014


Now I'm not a person to idolise celebrities or anyone really but I am inspired by a lot of successful (and closer to home) people as it is their hard work that gets them where then are so I have compiled a list of a few people I have been inspired by in the last year and I'm sure I will be inspired by in the future.




1) Tyler Oakley
Tyler Oakley (if you didn't already know) is a Youtuber and general internet personality. I have been a follower of his for a good few years now but it is in the last two that his fanbase has really blown up. I'm really inspired by his worth ethic as he is always working on a new creative project and works hard to achieve what he wants, he is not afraid to be himself. However, for me, one of the most inspiring things about him is how he uses his platform and viewership to raise awareness of issues that are close to his heart such as the Trevor Project. Last year, for his 25th birthday he raised tonnes of money for the charity and this inspires me to try and support more causes.

2) Troye Sivan
Troye Sivan is another Youtuber and he is a big inspiration for me because he is the same age as me and last year he accomplished so much. In 2014 Troye really stepped up his creativity with several videos that were completely different to anything he had ever done before. One video in particular called 'Becoming You' which really inspired me to work so much harder on this blog as it is my main creative outlet and if I'm going to do it I should throw my whole self into it.
I love following successful people my age as it reminds me that despite being young I can achieve a lot.


3) Zoe Suen
Zoe is another person my age and she the girl behind the successful fashion blog fashiononymous. I have always really admired Zoe's style and I find myself browsing her blog for inspiration fairly frequently. Aside, from that I am so motivated by her because in September she moved across the world to England and began studying a law degree and yet she still manages to run an amazing blog while studying. I often find it hard to fit time to blog around my university hours and other commitments but seeing Zoe do it so flawlessly has greatly encouraged me to work harder at it.



4) Karlie Kloss
Karlie, in my opinion, is one of the most beautiful people in the world, but that is not why she inspires me. She is cool, confident and has amazing fashion sense. What I want to be in a nutshell. She is such a multi-faceted person as she models, has a cookie company, works with loads of charitys, is a VS angel and yet still has time to go to the gym/ do the ballet beautiful workout basically everyday.
She seems to be constantly doing things she enjoys and that inspires me to spend less days lying around in my pyjamas and actually get out and make things happen.



5) My best friend - Laura
I'm not only inspired by celebrities, my friends and family inspire me daily each in their own ways. Laura is such an amazing person to have a best friend and I'm proud of her everyday, She works incredibly hard, at one point she had 5 jobs as well as going to school full time so she could save to buy and run a car. She also pursues many incredible projects and does everything she can to be able to do them. I mean in a couple of weeks she is going to Bangladesh for four months to volunteer and she has fundraised the entire cost of the trip so she could go out there. Finally, she inspires me as she is so kind and caring to everyone she meets, something which I really strive to do.

8 comments:

  1. What a fab post I really enjoyed reading it, I completely agree seeing people your own age being successful really makes you realise it can be done! :)

    http://lux-rose.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw you put your best friend in here, that is the cutest thing - I can't believe she had five jobs at once as well as school, that is amazing!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not only did she do that she was also a world class youth triathlon, training everyday and she lives an hour on the train away from where our school was so she did an epic commute everyday to get the best education.

      Delete
  3. Great list! It's so lovely of you to put your best friend!

    Made in Mauve

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd never heard of Zoe Suen, but I looked up her blog and she's great - so thanks so much for the tip! Anyway, it's so sweet that you included your bestie as a person who inspired you - she sounds amazing! :)

    Claire // Technicolour Dreamer // Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zoe is incredible she was one of the first blogs I ever started reading and her blog is what really convinced me to start mine.

      Delete
  5. I just found your blog, but I love this list. Finding successful bloggers/Youtubers that are my age is one of the coolest and most inspiring things!
    theresa | fashiontoa-t.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete