Tuesday, 7 April 2015

Easter Weekend Beauty


Coming home for Easter and lying around the house means pretty minimal makeup for me but I have been wearing a few bits because lack of sleep and a lot of chocolate has not made for the prettiest face days.
Firstly, I recently bought the Max Factor Facefinity foundation because after many months I finally decided that the Rimmel Wake Me Up WAS too pink for my skin. I have the colour 45 warm almond and it a great match for my skin whilst it is untouched by sun. The formula is creamy and light but gives a really good level of coverage and the yellowy undertones helps to brighten up the skin.
I have also been reaching for my Max Factor colour corrector stick for undereye circles which is an amazing banana concealer that completely neutralises the purple bags that have been building under my eyes. (Just a note it also works really well on dark areas left behind by spots). The formula takes a bit of blending into the skin but layered under foundation it gives a really natural finish.

On to mascara, I have had a lot of trouble in this area because I have extremely hooded eyes combined with long up-curled eyelashes. This means that I ALWAYS get mascara transfer all up under my eyebrows which is never a good look. I've seen a lot of beauty gurus saying this Max Factor Clump Defy mascara is dry but I think that is why it works well for me. I still have a little transfer at the end of the day but it is a hell of a lot better than any other mascara I have used.
Finally for a bit of fun I painted my nails with Revlon's polish in 271 Extravagant which is a metallic medium/dark pink. There was no reason for this I just thought the colour was cute.

4 comments:

  1. These products look great! I am in a never ending battle with my under eye circles so I might have to pick up the max factor stick! x

    http://gingerphoebe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always struggled with mine too but this CC stick is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many problems have this problem with mascara. Gonna shari this tip with Veleza users :)


    Your skincare app - Veleza.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. At Wednesdays I Wear Pink8 April 2015 at 22:23

    Love the nailpolish !

    xoxo,

    http://atwednesdaysiwearpink.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete