Sunday, 31 May 2015

The Sunday Files: Vol. 10

Time to amalgamate the best of the last seven days...

Reading: The Opposite of Loneliness by Marina Keegan. This book is a collection of stories and essays by a Yale student who sadly died in a car crash five days after graduating. The work in the book is honestly some of the best written stuff I have ever read and her non fiction pieces seriously made me question almost everything. I was sat on a train at 9.30 in the morning having an existential crisis after reading 'Why We Care About Whales'. It is honestly one of the best things I have ever read and you need to pick it up.

Listening: Life Of The Party by Shawn Mendes. This is a really chill, acoustic-y pop song and I have listened to it about fifty times in the last five days. It was the first thing I had ever really heard of Shawn and it led me to listen to his last album...this is still my favourite but it is generally a pretty good set of songs.

Eating: At The Creperie in Brighton. This is my favourite place to go during exams because what relieves exam stress better than a dark chocolate and marshmallow crepe. Nothing that is the answer.



Doing: Spending way too much time in the library (help me!) but asides from that I'm been running a lot because I've starting training for my first ever half marathon later in the year. If you know me then you know that I've literally never run in my life so this is a big deal for me. I've also been spending a little time at the beach and in the Pavilion gardens, just generally enjoying being back in Brighton.

Loving: The Nike running app because although the woman's voice may get kind of annoying when you are dying and she chimes in to tell you that you have only completed three miles, it is actually a really motivating app. You can set a distance or just run and it will tell you your mile pace and distance run. After the run you can chart the weather, how you felt and what sort terrain you were running on. However I think my favourite part is when you turn the phone on it's side it will give you your run's in graph form. It is really encouraging to see your distance go up and up, makes me feel like I'm actually making progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment