Sunday, 3 May 2015

The Sunday Files: Vol. 6

Time to amalgamate the best of the last seven days...

Reading: I've been quite ill for some of this week so instead of revising for university exams I have been watching a lot of documentaries about ballet dancers (is this normal? I just find it pretty interesting) which led me to reread Bunheads by Sophie Flack. It is such an easy book to read but it gives a pretty real seeming insight into what it is like being in a professional ballet company and the struggles/sacrifices the dancers make to dedicate themselves. It's a pretty good read if you find abllet as compelling as I do.

Listening: Everything Pentatonix. I am currently in Birmingham for the weekend so I could see them perform live last night and let me tell you they were incredible! It is amazing how they can transform an acapella show in to what feels like a rock concert. I've spent all week listening to everything they have ever sung to hype myself up for last night and they really did not disappoint.

Eating: Sweet potato's are possibly one of my favourite foods and I think they taste best in the fries form. Ed's Easy Diner do the absolute best sweet potato fries (incidentally the first place ever tried them  few years ago) and if I could I would eat them everyday but that wouldn't be good for my bank account or my waistline.

Doing: Lying in bed a lot (I hate having to stay in bed when ill) and dreamily internet shopping on Nastygal and Free People. If only I had the money.



Loving: I recently got my own Netflix account after scavenging off friends accounts for years so I got straight down to business and started watching Community which is a show I have wanted to watch for ages but just never got around to it. This show is so funny and at 20 minutes long an episode is perfect as a revision break. As well as that because it is not a show that needs you to be super involved watching it (Game of Thrones I'm looking at you) I can put it on in the background while doing my makeup or cleaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment