Sunday, 24 May 2015

The Sunday Files: Vol. 9


Time to amalgamate the best of the last seven days...


Reading: Dazed and Confused magazine. I've been really interesting in this magazine for a while but nowhere I know in my home town sells it. Since being in Brighton I have been meaning to pick up a copy and I finally go around to it in the last week. I love the writing in this magazine and their online content is so good that I have their website saved to my phone homepage for easy access. If you like interesting articles about art, obscure pop culture and designer fashion this is definitely a read for you.

ListeningThe Inevitable End - Röyksopp. This album came out last year and loved it from the start but recently I have been listening to it again and I think I love it even more than before. It is a high-energy album full of dark electronica and the production value is so incredible. Every little detail is exquisite and combines to form highly enjoyable tracks. A standout on the album for me is the track Sordid Affair.

Eating: (I really should make a separate drinking section...) Original daiquiri's. I've been out for cocktails a few times this week and I've really been hooked on this concoction of white rum, lime juice and sugar. It's a pretty strong and acidic mix but the sugar on the rim of the glass really balances out the sharpness. If you have never tried it (and you are of legal drinking age) I suggest you go out right now and get one.

Doing: Watching a lot of Mary-Kate and Ashley movies. Hear me out on this one. I've been spending a lot of time with friends before I enter 24/7 exam mode and one of our favourite things to do is watch films that are so bad they are good. One of the classics of this genre is New York Minute starring the Olsen twins and watching this spurred us on to find other, rather worse films with the twins in them. Try watching a few I assure you that you will highly enjoy how awful they are.

Loving: My Boots steam inhaler. I suffer from a lot of sore throats and some pretty aggressive tonsil issues so when my friend said I might benefit from one I ran out almost instantly to get one and I have not been disappointed. Essentially it is a contraption in which you put boiling water (and nasal inhalants if you so desire) and breathe in the stream via a funnel that covers your mouth and nose. It's an interesting experience but it seriously does clear your throat out amazingly. I've also been informed it is a must for singers as it stops their vocal chords from drying out with too much singing (not a need for me really, my singing is extremely mediocre so it will not be a career choice I make).

3 comments:

  1. Haha, I haven't watched Mary-Kate and Ashley films in such a long time. Oh god, I remember New York Minute...it is so hilarious in such a bad way. Hahaha


    xx Bash | Bash Says Hey | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eleanor Humphries26 May 2015 at 18:53

    I love Dazed and Confused and a bit of Mary Kate and Ashley!! X
    eleanor's adventures // UK Fashion & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is exactly what I love about it, so much bad acting which makes it so much funnier.

    ReplyDelete