Sunday, 12 July 2015

The Sunday Files: Vol. 12

Time to amalgamate the best of the last seven days...

Reading: All the bright places by Jennifer Niven. This book is about two teenagers who meet on the bell tower of their school both thinking about jumping off. While this book is a little bit contrived and some of the situations written into the story are totally ridiculous it was an interesting read and I really enjoyed some of the imagery created by the author.

Listening: I've been really into a whole different selection at the moment so I couldn't just pick one song or artist (although I have been loving Florence & the Machine's new album) so I created a new Spotify playlist called Los Angeles which I cannot stop listening to. It is a mix of everything so there should be something you like in it.

Eating: I have been trying to eat more healthily at the moment because my training for my half marathon in October starts this month and the better I eat the better I run obviously. For this reason the other night I made an amazing prawn, ginger and chilli stir fry by just chucking random ingredients in a wok.

Doing: This past weekend I went to Wireless festival (see last post) which was an amazing experience and I got to see Nicki Minaj rap Feeling Myself (I rapped the entire thing along with her, I am that person). It was a great moment because that song requires some talent to sing and the lyrics are so clever, she really is a talented woman whatever people might say.

Loving:  My skin has been having a freak out moment recently for many reasons and so I am collecting spots like they are going out of fashion. To calm my skin down a bit I have been loving using the Mask of Magnaminty from Lush which is a really soothing peppermint mask that helps to reduce inflammation of your spots. I try to use it every other day at the moment but mostly I use it once a week just to keep everything in check.

1 comment:

  1. Lush is a great choice. And thank you for sharing music loves - gonna listen now :)

    Your skin care app - Veleza.com

    ReplyDelete