Sunday, 26 July 2015

The Sunday Files: Vol.13


Time to amalgamate the best of the last seven days...

Reading: Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard. This novel is set in a Hunger Games-esque dystopian future except there are two classes of people, red bloods who are normal humans and silver bloods who have powers (like water or mind controlling). This combination makes for  brilliant read and I finished the book in only a couple of days. It takes a little while to get into the story but the characters are well written and interesting. The only thing I'm upset about is having to wait until 2016 for the sequel.

Listening: Last week the new album of the duo the bird and the bee, Recreational Love, came out. The album as a whole is a wonderfully light and airy indie-pop (somewhat tropicalia too) style album. Whilst I recommend listening to the entirety of the album in order because it has a interesting cohesiveness, the standout songs for me are Lovey Dovey, Young and Dumb and Los Angeles.

Eating: Even though I have mentioned them before Ed's Easy Diner deserves another mention this week because while shopping for my sister's birthday present I stopped off to get one of their famous milkshakes (believe me I have said for years they are worth the hype). I drank an Oreo and malt shake but I also love the mint chocolate shake (add malt though).

Doing: This past week I finally took the plunge, after months of build up, and got my septum pierced. I don't know why I waited so long to get it done because I was never scared that it would hurt, which it didn't really, but now I have it done I absolutely love how it looks (despite my dad telling me I reminded him of a bull).

Loving: Tumblr. I run a high fashion/designer/model based blog on tumblr and despite using it regularly this week I have spent every spare moment I have searching new blogs and posts to reblog. I have also spent time this week recoding my theme so it is minimalist and maybe actually quite beautiful (I have too much free time obviously).

No comments:

Post a Comment